“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”
– Martin Buber

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Day 9: Parting Ways

 Feeling sad this morning to say goodbye to each other. It takes about a week to really begin to unwind, so a week feels short, but we did a great job relaxing into this amazing week. I am so grateful Andy joined me for this first week and now I am sad to see him go!

We had a nice breakfast in, took a walk and he was off to Shannon. I made final preparations and made the first 6 km walk down to my first stop - Muckross Riding Stables BnB. It’s a rough start - flat and paved. Hard on the body but it was gorgeous. My pack is feeling too heavy now that it has food in it but I am planning on leaving some stuff at the BnB for my return pick up. 

I got to the BnB took a quick shower and headed out with my small pack to explore Muckross estate, abbey and grounds. I am so glad I did. It was really lovely. After a great meal of 1/2 a chicken, potatoes and carrots I felt ready for my solo trek. 

For the next ten days I will not be posting anything. I have paper maps and will try to stay off my phone as much as possible. I will record some voice memos and take some photos and will post when I get back.

Thanks for joining me on this trip folks!








No comments:

Post a Comment